The study forum of Faculty of Animal Science students (FOSMAPET) is one of the semi-autonomous boards in the Faculty of Animal Science UGM. Fosmapet was founded in 2002 and officially became a BSO on December 16, 2006. Fosmapet is one of the many Faculty Study Groups (KSF) at Gadjah Mada University. Fosmapet will be a place to increase and develop knowledge in animal husbandry. This institution acts as a means of communication, exchanging information, discourse and science and becomes a means of student actualization to develop scientific potential and enhance professional attitudes
in the field of animal husbandry, so that the members can respond to actual issues in the field of animal husbandry and are ready to contribute to living in the community. Fosmapet is engaged in animal husbandry science which is expected that all members will increase their existing competence, have a professional character and can make a real contribution to society. Fosmapet consists of six departments that work independently synergistically to support directives for Fosmapet.
“Helping to realize the Tri Dharma Perguruan Tinggi”
- Improve the culture of discussion, research, writing, and the practice of community service in the field of animal husbandry
- Becoming a means of actualizing FAS UGM students to develop the concept of the KPK (Competence, Professional, Contributive)
- Uphold the values in the framework, faith, and piety of God Almighty.
- Become a bridge to channel potential students of the Faculty of Animal Sciences UGM to achieve academic and non-academic achievements
- Bridging our community life with the lives of the general public through innovative programs that benefit the wider community.
- Developing scientific applications, especially animal husbandry through community empowerment.
- Establish relationships and cooperation with intra-campus and extra-campus Gadjah Mada University.