Faculty of Animal Science is the youngest faculty in UGM (Universitas Gadjah Mada) (UGM) which was originally part of the Faculty of Veterinary. Faculty of Animal Science was officially established on 22 November 1969.
Faculty of Animal Science has around 2000 students and it is supported by 73 lecturers, who are competent in their fields, 75% of them have a doctorate and 90 academic staff. It offers degree programs ranging from undergraduate, master, doctoral, and engineering professions.
Faculty of Animal Science divided into four departments :
- Department of Animal Nutrition and Feed Science
- Department of Animal Production
- Department of Livestock Socio-Economics
- Department of Animal Products Technology
- Department of Animal Breeding and Reproduction