Semester Credit Score
a. Semester credit score for lectures
For students; For students, one credit consists of three types of integrated activities, namely:
- 50 minutes scheduled face-to-face with a teacher
- 60 minutes of structured activity events, namely activities that are not scheduled but are planned by the teaching staff
- 60 minutes of independent academic activities, which are activities that must be carried out by students independently
For lecturers; for lecturers, one credit consists of three types of integrated activities, namely:
- 50 minutes scheduled face-to-face with students
- 60 minutes of structured academic activity planning and evaluation events, and
- 60 minutes lecture material development event
b. Semester Credit Score for Seminar
Students are required to present papers in seminar classes. One credit is equivalent with:
- 100 minutes of learning activities
- 70 minutes of independent activity.
c. Semester Credit Value for practicum, studio practice, workshop practice, field practice, work practice, thesis, research, design, or development, military training, student exchange, internship, entrepreneurship, and/or Community Service, one credit is equal to completion of activities 170 (one hundred and seventy) minutes per week or a total of 40 hours per semester.
d. The credit score for the 9 (nine) activity areas of the Independent Learning-Independent Campus (MBKM) is calculated based on:
- Lessons of more than 16 (sixteen) weeks or 560 (five hundred and sixty) cumulative hours up to 24 weeks or 840 (eight hundred forty) cumulative hours are given recognition equivalent to 20 (twenty) credits;
- Less than 24 (twenty four) weeks or 840 (eight hundred forty) cumulative hours up to less than 40 (forty) weeks or 1400 (one thousand four hundred) cumulative hours are given additional credits of 1 (one) credit every an additional 1 (one) week or 35 (thirty five) cumulative hours; and
- Learning between 40 (forty) weeks or 1400 (one thousand four hundred) cumulative hours up to 48 (forty eight) weeks or 1680 (one thousand six hundred eighty) cumulative hours is given recognition equivalent to 40 (forty) credits.
Study Load in One Semester
The study load taken by students in one semester is a maximum of 24 credits. In the first and second semesters, students take courses in packages of 21 and 22 credits, respectively. In the third to eighth semester, students take according to the compulsory course package offered and can take elective courses to maximize 24 credits with the approval of the Academic Advisory Lecturer (DPA). There are no pre-requisite courses for each course. Taking the number of course credits per semester does not depend on the achievement of the student achievement index in the previous semester. Students can take courses in other study programs at UGM or outside UGM. In addition, students can also take other forms of Learning Activities (BKP) according to the applicable Independent Learning and Independent Campus (MBKM) guidelines.